FUMC Job Opportunities
JOB TITLE: Worship Arts and Communications Assistant
JOB TYPE: Part-Time (10 hours per week)
PURPOSE: To provide timely and accurate worship guides and audio visual support; to assist with other communication tasks by performing a wide variety of administrative support for the Director of Worship Arts and the Director of Communications.
- Wednesday and Thursday—hours TBD
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to and is accountable to the Director of Worship Arts and the Director of Communications.
- Worship Guide: Create and prepare a worship guide using information provided by pastors, Director of Worship Arts, and Director of Communications, including the proofing process. (4 hours)
- Worship Slides: Compile and prepare worship slides for two Sanctuary worship services provided by Director of Communications and Director of Worship Arts, including integrating pictures, worship loops, and videos. (2 hours)
- Video: Periodically assist with special worship service presentations, YouTube, and other social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Website: Review website weekly to identify outdated or missing information. ( .25 hours)
- Proofing: Review weekly eNews, monthly newsletter, ads, weekly announcements, prayers, etc. ( .5 hours)
- Thumb Drives/Televisions: Install weekly thumb drives containing pictures for televisions mounted throughout the church campus. (.25 hours)
- Large Print Jobs: Assist with printing flyers, posters, newsletters, brochures, invitation cards, special projects, etc.
- Slat Walls: Check for missing material and refill as necessary. ( .25 hours)
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Be teachable and willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible in a multi-task environment.
- Professional conduct with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate competency and general knowledge in the following software:
- Word Processing: Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Google Docs
- Slide Presentations: Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote and ProPresenter
- Operating Systems: Mac and PC
- Embody a deep commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong team player.
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an office or church related setting.
If interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Program Coordinator of Getsemani Ministry Center Of FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH – GEORGETOWN, TX
Reports to: Executive Director of the Getsemani Ministry Center
Scope of Responsibility: The Program Coordinator creates, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates the programs and services of the Center. Key duties and responsibilities, along with job requirements are shown below.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses the tools of appreciative inquiry and community asset mapping to determine the types of programs and services to be provided at the Center.
- Administers the programs and services as agreed with the Executive Director.
- Identifies, recruits, assigns, supervises and evaluates student interns and volunteers.
- Manages program funds within the approved budget of the Center.
- Provides appropriate and timely reports for the operation of the Center.
- Performs any other duties as necessary to advance the Center in its outreach ministries.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English, preferably)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Social Sciences
- Two years professional work experience
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of working with diverse populations
Performance Appraisal: Annual or at the discretion of the Executive Director
Interested candidates should complete the job application form and submit it either electronically or by mail to the address below. Click here for the application.
Review of applications will begin on June 15, 2018. The successful candidate will begin in early July, 2018. Kindly contact me if you have any questions.
Ron L. Swain
Director of Transformative Mission Ministries
First United Methodist Church
410 E. University Ave.Georgetown, TX 78626
(512) 863-2370 – Church office
(512) 818-2075 – Cell Number