What is Realm?
First United Methodist Church Georgetown has moved to an online membership directory called Realm®. This new system offers exciting opportunities to support your involvement in our church. It will make it easier for our church family to connect with each other, keep up to date with events, provide a pictorial directory, and make the most of ministry whenever it happens…as we live out God’s love throughout the week.
Features of Realm
- Online directory
- Manage giving/print contribution statements
- Communicate with groups and teams
- Register for events
- and so much more...
How do I get started?
- Open the email invitation you receive from FUMC.
- Copy and paste the link from the email invitation into a web browser to create an account.The link will take you to a page to register. (Please note, REALM is not compatible with Internet Explorer. You must use Google, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Create a password. Follow the guide for creating a strong password. You will need this password to sign in to REALM every time.
- Click “I’m not a robot.”
- Click “Register.”
- Instructions for activating your account will be sent to your email. The subject line of the email will say “Email Verification.” Please check your junk mail file just in case.
- Open the activation email.
- Click the link to verify your email and complete your registration. The link will take you to a sign in page.
- Enter your email and the password you created to sign in.
- You will be asked to verify your birthday. Enter your birth month and year. Click “Verify Me.”
- Congratulations! You are now part of the REALM database.
How do I sign in to Realm?
Once you have created your account, you can access Realm at www.onrealm.org.
Request Realm Invite
Send request for a Realm invite to REALM@fumcgt.org.
Once your account is set up using a computer, you can also access REALM with your smartphone by downloading the free Connect - Our Church Community app for iPhone and Android devices.
Need help with Realm?
- Send your questions to REALM@fumcgt.org
- Come to the church office on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (1:00-5:00 PM)
- Call the church office at 512-863-2370
Realm Privacy Information
Your information is your information. You have complete control over who can see your contact and personal information. Contact information is never public or searchable on the Internet. Any information you elect to make visible to your church family is always protected behind a login. Authorized staff will always have access to your profile information. Staff are held to Confidentiality Agreements on file.You and certain authorized staff may update your profile information. In some cases, your group leader may update your contact information if you have made it visible to group leaders.
For safety reasons, sharing contact and personal information for children under 18 is limited. Parents determine whether or not to display their child’s name in the church directory.
Children under 13 may not participate and will not be able to sign in.
Only FUMCGT people who have created an account and staff will have access to our Realm account.
What people may see:
By default, your contact and personal information that is displayed is limited to members of groups you are in, group leaders,and staff members. If you choose, you can make your information visible to the entire church membership—like a church directory. If you prefer to be more private, you can customize how people see specific information*.
Contact Information: Name, address, phone numbers, and email.
Personal Information: Marital status, family position, member status, but you also have the option of sharing your birthday, gender, allergy information, and skills with people in the church.
* If you are a group leader or host an event, certain contact information may be visible.
- You may choose your privacy settings from the following options:
- Everyone: Like a church directory listing, everyone in our church will be able to see whatever profile information is marked as visible to everyone.
- My Groups + Church Leaders + Staff: This setting means information will only be shared with the people you areinvolved with at church. This is the default setting.
- Group Leaders + Church Staff: You would use this setting if you wanted to keep some profile information hidden fromanyone who is not a group leader or on staff.
- Church Staff Only: This setting effectively removes you from the church directory. Your information will only be available to authorized church staff.
- Custom Privacy: Choose different privacy levels for specific contact fields and personal information. You can do this in two places: when you edit your profile information or when you manage your privacy settings.
- Family Privacy: A family member with a primary position such as “Head” or “Spouse” can change privacy setting for other members of the family and opt family members out or into the church directory. Birthdays are required for children (as a means to prohibit access), but it’s up to you if you want to share the birth date with your church family.