Welcome to FUMC Student Ministries! We offer a variety of studies, activities, and mission opportunities for Preteens (5th-6th grades), Jr. High (7th-8th grades), and Sr. High (9th-12th-grades). Contact Kenny Bray, Director of Student Ministries, for more information or answers to any questions you may have.
Click HERE to view a video of Kenny Bray, Director of Student Ministries, sharing stories of how students are building relationships with God and each other and serving their community.
COVID-19 Response, Worship Opportunities, Ways to Stay Connected, and Ways to Serve
These are challenging times for us to stay connected as we are practicing social distancing, so we are connecting via Zoom. This is a video meeting app that allows us to see and hear each other with a smartphone, tablet, or computer (it works better on a tablet or computer to see everyone logged in). As with all technology, please make sure to check your settings to maintain your privacy. For tips to protect your Zoom meeting, click HERE.
Students will be meeting virtually for Sunday School, MYF, MPF, and random check-ins. Kenny Bray, Director of Student Ministries, will be sending out and posting the log in invitation, so make sure you check your email or have joined our Remind groups. For more information, contact Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-657-6312.
Here is the schedule for our Zoom video meetings. Please download the Zoom app on your device before the scheduled time.
Sunday June 28
10:00 AM Sr High Sunday School on Zoom
11:30 AM JR High Sunday School on Zoom
To access our weekly online worship services, visit http://www.youtube.com/c/FirstUnitedMethodistChurchGeorgetownTexas.
If you are attending an event or mission trip, please read our policy and complete the Liability Medical Release form here
Our Student Ministry focuses on helping our students strengthen their faith foundation and deepening their relationship with God. Our effectiveness comes as a result of strong parent and adult engagement in the lives of our students. Please consider serving in the following ways:
- Chaperoning events/activities/mission trips
- Driving groups to events
- Coordinating special events such as Christmas parties, Graduation Reception, and Confirmation banquet
- Hosting a bible study in your home
- Providing fellowship activity resources (boat, lake/beach house, pool, camping)
- Providing shuttle service for students (Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF), small groups, etc.)
- Preparing/bringing food and refreshments for MYF, MPF, or special events
- Serving as a mentor
- Serving as a teacher (Sunday small groups and/or cross-training)
- Serving as a small group leader
- Speaking at MYF, MPF, small groups, or other events
- Attending MYF or MPF activities to build relationships with the students
- Serving on a Parent Leadership Team
Contact: Kenny Bray
If you would like to serve in the life of our Student Ministry, please read our policy here, complete a background check, and complete the steps for Ministry Safe training.