At First United Methodist Church, we are nurturing children's growth in grace through a developmentally appropriate environment. Our Children's Ministries offer opportunities to grow in and learn about God's grace all through the year; through Sunday morning studies, summer camps, missions, and the Learning Tree Preschool. Please explore our offerings and contact Laura Painchaud, Director of Children's Ministries, with any additional questions or for more information. Click HERE to view a video of Laura Painchaud sharing stories from Children's and Family Ministries.
Children's Ministries During COVID-19 Closure
During the time that we’re not able to worship and learn together at church, we are offering different ways to worship and learn from wherever we may find ourselves. We will share tips for having an at-home version of Sunday School and Children’s Church together with helpful videos. I hope these weekly suggestions will be helpful as your family continues to grow in your faith! Questions? Suggestions? I’d love to hear them! Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-684-1074 or post in the FUMCGT Children group.
Where in the World is God—An At-Home Camp Experience
Children ages 4-11 are invited from July 20-24 to board a virtual airplane and travel with 70+ United Methodist, Presbyterian, and UCC congregations to discover “where in the world” God is! And what will we discover? God is everywhere—around the globe and in our own homes and hearts! Ready to get started? Register here: https://forms.gle/Y8yVhVsJriyHnSuSA. This camp is free of charge. Be sure to register to receive all the details via email!
Highlights of our Journey Together
- Virtually travel across the US, the world, and beyond!
- Daily music and memory verses from the Bible
- A daily Bible story with a positive message of joy and hope!
- Prayer and reflection times
- Ideas to be in mission in your community
- A “real” life animal is included in every story!
What’s included in Where in the World is God July 20-24?
- Supply packets available for pickup July 17 and 19 from 12:00-1:00 PM
- Daily videos to take you on a virtual journey around the world
- A journal of activities and guided reflections
- Three at home stations each day (no screens required!)
- Monday-Thursday Zoom calls with time for show and tell and a bonus activity to do virtually with friends
- A drive-thru cotton candy party on Friday, July 24, from 12:00-1:00 PM!
Each day, the full Where in the World is God at-home camp experience includes:
- Three hands on stations including fine motor, sensory, and a sports challenge.
- One video that includes a story, game, art, mission, reflection, prayer, and more! The videos are 30-35 minutes each, but you may want to pause them to do the activities along with the video.
- One Zoom call with time for show and tell and a bonus activity!
- Journal Time/Reflection.
- And on Friday the 24th from 12:00-1:00 PM, we’ll have a drive-thru cotton candy celebration!
Be sure to register to receive all the details via email!
Children's Church, Family Sunday School, and Online Worship Videos
To access our weekly At Home Children's Church, At Home Family Sunday School, and Sunday worship videos, visit our YouTube page at: http://www.youtube.com/c/FirstUnitedMethodistChurchGeorgetownTexasChildren's Church Themes:
- July--World Religions
- Family Sunday School Resources
Ways to Stay Connected
Zoom Video Calls for Kids
FUMC children are invited to weekly Zoom calls for kids every Wednesday at 11:30AM! Email email@example.com or join the Children’s Ministries group on Facebook for details and a link to join the meetings.
July 8- Pets or Stuffies If your pets could talk, what would they say? This week’s story has a talking donkey!
July 15- Siblings and Family Bring a photo of someone in your family and share about how your family celebrates special occasions. This week’s story is about brothers, a dad, and a whole family celebrating something special!
July 22- Favorite Snack or Treat Bring something you like to snack on or something you’re good at baking! Today’s story is about someone trying to find the ingredients for food.
July 29- Something You Created Bring something you made. Today’s story is about when God created everything!
Holy Listening Sessions
Our Children’s Ministry staff is excited to offer Zoom Holy Listening sessions! We want to spend time really sharing in all the joys, concerns, and everyday experiences that are happening with FUMC children- even when we can't see each other in person! Holy Listening is just one-on-one active listening that acknowledges and invites the presence of God. Click here to get more info and/or sign up for a time to chat: https://forms.gle/gFh6r5wGNMv2jarK6
Zoom Safety Tips
As with all technology, please make sure to check your settings to maintain your privacy. For tips to protect your Zoom meeting, click HERE.
Follow Us on Facebook
Want to stay up to date on Children's Ministry events and resources for your family? Join our Facebook Group. Click @FUMCGeorgetown, then click on "Groups", then click on First UMC Georgetown Children's Ministries.
Serve in Children's Ministries
Our Children’s Ministry focuses on helping our children build their faith foundation and develop their relationship with God. Our effectiveness comes as a result of strong parent and adult engagement in the lives of our children. Please consider serving in the following ways:
Hands on Volunteer opportunities:
- Teach Sunday school (9:45-10:45) as a lead, assistant, or substitute teacher
- Lead a group at Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Teach a class at VBS
- Lead a small group discussion during special events (Spring Break, Fall Break, Mission Possible)
- Share your gifts! Schedule a time to come “show and tell” about something you’re passionate about during Sunday school or at a camp.
Administrative Volunteer Opportunities:
- Prepare materials for prayer stations, crafts, or other hands-on activities (on your own time or with a group)
- Attend Children’s Ministry Team Meetings to help plan and vision for children’s ministries
- Assist with decoration/beautification projects in the children’s ministries area
Children’s Ministry Team
The Children’s Ministry Team meets monthly during the school year to design and facilitate meaningful faith formation opportunities for children and families. The next meeting is March 24 at 12:15 PM in the Atkin Learning Center multipurpose room. If you would like to join this team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to serve in the life of our Children's Ministry, please read our policy here and complete a background check
Contact: Laura Painchaud email@example.com
The Learning Tree Preschool
For information about The Learning Tree Preschool, click HERE.