At First United Methodist Church, we are nurturing children's growth in grace through a developmentally appropriate environment. Our Children's Ministries offer opportunities to grow in and learn about God's grace all through the year; through Sunday morning studies, summer camps, missions, and the Learning Tree Preschool. Please explore our offerings and contact Laura Painchaud, Director of Children's Ministries, with any additional questions or for more information.
For information about Sunday mornings and other children's opportunities at FUMC, click the link below.
- June 23--Road to Emmaus
Second Sunday Book Buddies
Every second Sunday, children in 1st-4th grade will have the opportunity to participate in reading groups with preschool-kindergarten students during the Sunday School hour. Through shared reading, students will gain confidence and engage in exploration of stories of our faith together.
Follow Us on Facebook
Want to stay up to date on Children's Ministry events and resources for your family? Join our Facebook Group. Click @FUMCGeorgetown, then click on "Groups", then click on First UMC Georgetown Children's Ministries.
Children’s church is both a continuation of the 11:00 AM worship services and a time of learning about the components of worship in our church. In Children’s church, children ages 5 through 3rd grade can expect to pray individually and as a group, learn about an element of worship, participate in a reflection activity related to the element of worship, and receive a blessing. Children’s Church will not meet on the first Sunday of every month. Families are encouraged to attend worship and receive communion together on these Sundays.
Summer Save the Dates
- June 17-21 Vacation Bible School) (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)--Click the tab at the top of this page to register.
- July 8-11 Glow Camp (new! At church! 6:00-8:00 PM!)--Click the tab at the top of this page to register.
- July 14-19 Trailblazer Camp (3rd-6th grade) @ Glen Lake--Register at https://www.glenlake.org/
- July 19-21 Trek Camp (1st-3rd grade) @ Glen Lake--Register at https://www.glenlake.org/
- July 22-26 Mission Camp (9:30 AM-2:30 PM)--Click the tab at the top of this page to register.
- July 22-26 Camp Friendship (9:30 AM-2:30 PM)--Register at https://onrealm.org/FirstUnitedMeth91327/PublicRegistrations/Event?linkString=NGRjOWQ4ZGYtMjNjNy00NzIyLThiNjctYWExYzAxMjM4ZWQy
- August 12-14 Back to School Camp (new! At church! 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM)--Click the tab at the top of this page to register.
First Sunday Family Lunches
Join us at our monthly first Sunday Family Lunch. It is July 7 at 12:15 PM at Hat Creek Burger Company. First Sunday Family Lunches provide opportunities for families and friends to fellowship together in child friendly settings. All are welcome.
June Family Mission OpportunityFamilies are invited to pick up bags of trail mix the children assemble during VBS and deliver them as thank you treats to our First Responders between June 21–June 30. Come by the Children’s Ministries Office to pick up the bags and select your location.
Serve in Children's Ministries
Our Children’s Ministry focuses on helping our children build their faith foundation and develop their relationship with God. Our effectiveness comes as a result of strong parent and adult engagement in the lives of our children. Please consider serving in the following ways:
Hands on Volunteer opportunities:
- Teach Sunday school (9:45-10:45) as a lead, assistant, or substitute teacher
- Lead a group at Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Teach a class at VBS
- Lead a small group discussion during special events (Spring Break, Fall Break, Mission Possible)
- Share your gifts! Schedule a time to come “show and tell” about something you’re passionate about during Sunday school or at a camp.
Administrative Volunteer Opportunities:
- Prepare materials for prayer stations, crafts, or other hands-on activities (on your own time or with a group)
- Attend Children’s Ministry Team Meetings to help plan and vision for children’s ministries
- Assist with decoration/beautification projects in the children’s ministries area
Children’s Ministry Team
The Children’s Ministry Team meets monthly during the school year to design and facilitate meaningful faith formation opportunities for children and families. The next meeting is March 24 at 12:15 PM in the Atkin Learning Center multipurpose room. If you would like to join this team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to serve in the life of our Children's Ministry, please read our policy here and complete a background check
Contact: Laura Painchaud email@example.com
The Learning Tree Preschool
For information about The Learning Tree Preschool, click HERE.