Bishop's Call to Hope & Action
Support and plan actions specific to Environmental, Poverty/Disease, and Violence concerns that lead to better societal conditions for all and more peace, health, economic security and a healthy creation.
- Spiritual Gifts found in those serving: Love of neighbor. Serving the greater good in Christ's name.
- Passions and Skills Helpful: Communicating with our neighbors, learning and teaching about violence and working with other groups holding same concerns, especially in local church, interfaith and community activities.
- Contact: Julie Fuschak, 512.863.7027
Panama Mission Support
Support the covenant relationship between First United Methodist Church Georgetown and the Evangelical Methodist ministries of David and Cindy Ceballos. This is through the ministries of church building, community health, water delivery/purification, and other specific projects to be identified.
Volunteers have a desire to help the children and adults of Panama through a mission trip to Santiago, Panama. They also have an interest in providing financial support for the various current and future projects to be undertaken. While in Santiago, volunteers:
- Teach to the children of Santiago
- Express evangelism in everyday connections with these people
- Have faith that the results of one action no matter how small can have a positive impact on the lives of the Panamanians
- Pray on the behalf of others through intercessory prayer
This ministry occurs through 1 week mission trips to Santiago, Veraguas Province, Panama. First United Methodist Church will not be sponsoring a trip in 2015, however another local church will sponsor a trip should there be interest in traveling to Panama. If one cannot participate in a mission trip, financial support of the activities of David and Cindy Ceballos would be greatly appreciated.
- Contact: Larry Baird, 512.863.3120, 847.650.3651
United Methodist Women
Christian women work together to encourage and support positive change in the lives of women, children and youth. "Circles" or groups of women meet monthly combining fellowship, study, worship and outreach opportunities at the local and global levels.
- Spiritual Gifts found in those serving: Faith, Giving, Helps, Hospitality, Serving
- Passions and Skills Helpful: Desire to help others
- Contact: Rita Handley at 512-751-9686.