All members are invited to assist the Lay Pastoral Care team in delivering poinsettias to our homebound members as well as to those in assisted living and skilled nursing facilities. As our procedure this year will be different from past years, we ask you to carefully read the following information.
We will be delivering fresh poinsettias Dec 7-9 this year, so that our care receivers may enjoy their beauty during both the Advent and Christmas seasons. Three plant pick-up dates are available:
· Following any of the worship services on Sunday, December 7
· Monday, December 8, during church office hours (8:00 – 5:00)
· Tuesday, December 9, during church office hours (8:00 – 5:00)
When picking up plants:
1. Plants for delivery will be located in the church office
2. Please ask for the Lay Pastoral Care list of names
3. Sign your name next to the names ou will be visiting in order to deliver a plant
We encourage those of you with children to make this a family project. It is a great opportunity for us to give back to those who continue their faithfulness to God and to our congregation but who are no longer able to worship with us in person.
We will not be delivering the plants which are gracing our sanctuary and the MMC worship center until after the liturgical Christmas season. They will be delivered following Epiphany Sunday, January 4.
Giving Tuesday - Dec. 2 - is two weeks away.
|This Week's Calendar||Volunteer|
8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Steve Langford
in the Sanctuary
Rev. Yvonne Coon
McKinney Ministry Center
|Wednesday Night Live -Click on the icon at left|
|The Learning Tree Preschool informtion|